Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 15 - Formed for God's Family


It has been pouring rain all night. I don't have any jobs to do today, so I am just kicking back with my "Purpose Driven Life", a great cup of coffee, and Molly, listening to the rain coming down, and the wind blowing.

My new place is finally becoming my own. I have been going to garage sales looking for little knick knacks and treasures. Yesterday, I had lunch with my boss and some of the other ladies who are Merchandisers with P&G. (Including my old friend Laine, whom I have not seen in over a year). It was an enjoyable afternoon. Afterwards, I stopped into Ikea (my favorite store in the whole world), mostly because it is right accross the street from where we had lunch. Have not been there in ages, since my territory has changed.

I found some really good deals, for example some candles in white stoneware, (.49 cents each) and they actually smell good! I bought a plastic plant, and a pot to put it in. I wouldn't normally buy plastic, but due to my place being a basement suite, there isn't a lot of light. A real plant might not survive. I bought a great floor lamp, in white, to brighten up the place. It was only $16.00, but they got me on the lightbulbs for it, as they cost almost as much as the lamp. I also bought a little square end table in white for $7.99 and a stand for my TV that I still have not put together. Perhaps that will be my project for this rainy day.

Well, I am still praying about a car. My upstairs neighbor, has a friend who is going to give me a second opinion on it. I dropped by my daughter Tracy's house to ask if I had any mail, since I am still not recieving it here, and she and Bailey, welcomed me with open arms. I think during my time away, they actually missed me.

Tracy works at a car dealership, and she seems to think she can get me a good deal on a newer car, and while I was there, my friend Andrea stopped by to say hello. (She seemed to have forgotten she did not want to be friends with me anymore).

Andrea wants to continue doing the Purpose Driven Life with me. Last evening I was talking to her on the phone and she offered me her vehicle, she had her licence revolked so it is just sitting idle. I am praying about that, since Andrea and I seem to fall in and out of friendship, far to often.

Anyway, it seems fitting that yesterdays chapter was on relationships, and family, and I find it strange that so many of the people in my life whom were 'estranged' are back. I don't feel so alone now.

I pray the village gets back together, we are family, and we need one another. I really miss everyone.

No comments: