Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 37 "Good News"

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
John 3:16


This morning I read the 37th chapter of the "Purpose Driven Life" which is a huge feat for me since I have began this book 'umpteen' times and always got stuck on and around Chapter 17.

Tears have been rolling down my cheeks, and the words "Save one more for Jesus" keeps ringing in my ears. How, I wonder, had I forgotten such an important thing? The thought also occured to me, that I am not even sure I am saved. I have been living like hell!

Mostly, I have been so centered on self, that I have not seen that souls are dying all around me, my own included. No wonder, I have felt so depressed and worthless. I have been living without a purpose.

Amazingly, by grace, my life has turned around quite a bit lately. I do have a new car, and it seems my relationship with my daughter and grandaughter has been mended. All my other relationships appear to be good, and I feel and urge to start 'doing the Write thing' in all areas of my life.

I have no idea where the next steps on my journey are going to take me, but I am praying they will be in the 'right' direction, and driving me towards my purpose of telling others about the 'Good News'!!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am happy for you, Teresa....and I pray that your journey in life continues to bring you peace and comfort. As your next steps unfold, know that Christ is in you. You can do all things through Him who strengthens you.
Love,
Jackie

Teresa said...

Hi Jackie,
So good to see you here, and thank you so much for your encouragement. I believe that I can do all things through Christ, with His strength, and I sure do need it these days.

I was so excited to be able to visit your sight again finally!
(((HUGS))) 555