Thursday, August 4, 2011

Doing the Write Thing

1 John 1:5-10
Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.


I have suddenly felt an overwhelming compulsion to write, even though I have only one follower, or, so it seems.

"I confess, I am a sinner", although prior to becoming a Christian, I thought I was a very "good person". I was a good kid, I obeyed my parents. I was a great teenager, I did not get into trouble, no drugs, alcohol, in fact, I was a virgin when I got married, even though my husband and I dated for 5 years prior.


After marriage, I was a faithful and loving wife and mother, involved in the community, a good friend, and neighbour, and a hard worker. In fact, I believed I was a model citizen among other things. We were blessed with material possessions, a beautiful home, a profitable business, and had what appeared to be the 'perfect life'.



In comparison to what happened after my conversion, I would say I was very good, and our life and family looked very good too. However, something was brewing on the inside of me, and all around us.

(to be continued...)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

How beautiful those photos are.
I hug you from here, Teresa. Feel the hugs and prayers, my friend. I'll be here....
Love,
Jackie

Jackie said...

I'm checking back in, Teresa, to let you know that I'm here. I hope that you feel the thoughts and prayers, my friend.
Jackie

Nikki (Sarah) said...

glad you're writing. We never know who will need to read what we write. Following you now. ☺

Anonymous said...

Checking on you...hoping your okay my dear. Hugs