Friday, June 24, 2011

Back at Square One


So much has happened since Christmas. I ended up getting my job back, and after trying without success to buy a new car, since mine broke down, I ended up fixing my old one and now I am back living in a basement suite, in Canada.

I was supposed to come back and tie up loose ends, and head back to California, however, it just did not work out that way. I am back at square one, with no money saved, even more debt, and I am paying more rent than before, and I only recieved a 50 cent raise at work.

I am also doing the Purpose Driven Life AGAIN. I am at odds with my daughter, and not allowed to see my grandaughter. I am also rather sad, but not depressed, however it is summer.

I moved into my suite June 1st, and already the basement flooded, and the girl upstairs had her boyfriend move in, he smokes, in the house. So, I am in the midst of a financial dilemma, and my situation is becoming quite unhealthy.

I put my back out moving into my place. I had minimal help. However, I am putting all that behind me and moving forward.

I am thinking that life will get better, if I begin doing the things I know I am supposed to do. The most important is obeying that 'still small voice' that I know as God. I really have to listen carefully to hear that voice these days, since there is so much other stuff going on and so many louder voices calling for my attention. For example TV.

I know I have to stop being a couch potato, and stop watching all those shows like Criminal Minds, 48 Hour Mystery, etc. etc. These type of shows always capture my attention, but only result in making me fearful, and a bit cynical.

Actually there are a million changes I need to make, however, I am making "The Purpose Driven Life" a priority. It is my way of trying to 'put God first.'

I am on Chapter 6 today, and this time on my journey, I have a friend travelling with me. My friend is Andrea. In a few minutes we are going to be meeting for breakfast to discuss the chapter. I will be back later on...

No comments: